Canadian Down & Feather Co - All Season White Goose Feather Duvet Double Size - 233 TC Shell 100% Cotton - Oeko-TEX Certified
White Goose Feather Duvet
This duvet is made with goose feather fill. Feathers have some nice heft to them, with a hard quill and soft fibers branching off of the quill shaft. The shell is 233 thread count cotton, which is crisp and durable.
This duvet is generously filled. Feather doesn't have the same insulating properties as down, so feather duvets are heavier weight. We need a fair bit of fill to achieve the desired warmth.
This duvet comes in All Season Weight, which works well for room temperatures around 16 - 18 degrees C or if you’re fairly cool when you sleep
* A properly maintained duvet should only require cleaning after five to ten years, if at all.
* Your duvet is covered in 100% cotton and filled with natural feather. It will shrink if washed, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Should your comforter need cleaning, have it DRY CLEANED or PROFESSIONALLY WASHED by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning down and/or feather products.
* DO NOT attempt to machine wash or dry clean this product yourself. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the down will clump together and may allow mildew growth.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.
If so, this product is for you :)
White Feather and Down Duvet
This duvet is the only duvet featuring a down and feather mix! The fill is 80% duck feather and 20% duck down. Down is soft, made up of tiny, fluffy clusters. The cotton shell is 240 thread count, so it is crisp and durable. Because this duvet contains both down and feather, it is lighter than a feather duvet and heavier than a down duvet!
White Goose Feather Duvet
- Twin : 64" x 86"
- Double : 78" x 86"
- Queen : 88" x 90"
- King : 102" x 90"
- Box Construction: Boxes to prevent content from shifting
- 233 Thread Count: Prevents Feather from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the fill to breathe
- Corner Loops: Loops on all 4 corners to tie and anchor the duvet in place
- White Goose Feather: Filled with small white goose feathers to provide better lofting and insulation
- Hypo Allergenic: Anti-Microbial process used to eliminate bacteria
What's the difference between a down and a feather duvet ?
- Down is the soft undercoating of geese and ducks. It consists of clusters of light, fluffy filaments growing from a central quill point. A single down cluster is three dimensional and looks similar to a dandelion pod.
- Feathers are the plumage, or outer growth, of birds. Feathers consist of a hard quill shaft (or stem) with a series of fibres extending from each side.
Down is the best insulator per ounce over any other fill, natural or man-made. Down provides much more warmth per ounce than feathers. For this reason, feather duvets contain significantly more fill and are heavier than down duvets. They require more fill to achieve the same level of insulation and warmth.
Our Commitment to Ethical Sourcing
- Canadian Down & Feather Company is Carbonzero Certified (issued by Carbonzero in 2018) – we have measured and offset the carbon emissions generated by our facility
- Canadian Down & Feather Company is IDS and RDS Certified (issued by IDFL in 2018) - we have been audited to ensure animal and human welfare throughout the supply chain
|White Goose Feather||White Feather & Down||Hutterite Goose Down||White Down||Microfiber Alternative||Gel Microfiber Alternative|
|Fill||Feather||Feather & Down||Down||Down||Microfiber (polyester)||Gel Microfiber (polyester)|
|Overall Feel||Heavy, crisp shell||Medium Weight, Crisp shell||Light weight, Lofty, Soft shell||Light weight, Crisp shell||Heavy, Plush fill, Crisp shell||Heavy, Plush fill, Soft shell|